SALMON WITH CHARRED LEMON & ROSEMARY
4 - 170-226g / 6 to 8 oz. - Salmon Fillets (25-40mm / 1” - 1.5“ thick)
1 - Meyer Lemon (or Lemon), quartered
2 - Sprigs of Rosemary
1 Tbsp. - Extra Virgin Olive Oil Salt
2 Oval Cast Iron Steak/Fajita Plates
or 1 Cast Iron Skillet (10” to 14” diameter) High Temperature Oven Mitts
Metal or Heat-Resistant Tongs
- Preheat the Pizza Oven Box on High for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Season the Salmon Fillets with Salt and lightly coat them and the Meyer Lemons with Olive Oil
- Place the Salmon Fillets onto the Cast Iron Plates or Skillet and arrange the Meyer Lemons & Rosemary Sprigs around the Salmon Fillets.
- Using the High Temperature Oven Mitts, carefully place the Cast Iron Plates or Skillet into the Pizza Oven Box and roast for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Using the High Temperature Oven Mitts, carefully rotate the Cast Iron Plates or Skillet 180 degrees (if the Skillet handle prohibits this, then use the Spatula to rotate the Salmon Fillets instead) and continue roasting another 3 to 4 minutes, or until the Meat Thermometer reads 145 degrees when inserted into the middle/center of the thickest section of the Salmon Fillets.
- Using the High Temperature Oven Mitts, carefully remove the Cast Iron Plates or Skillet from the Pizza Oven Box and place upon a heat-resistant surface.
- Using the Spatula, carefully remove the Salmon Fillets and Meyer Lemon Quarters from the Cast-Iron Plates or Skillet and place them upon a serving platter or individual plates.
- Serve with your favorite rice or risotto and a vegetable dish (see our Brussels Sprouts & Butternut Squash Recipe) or atop a salad and enjoy!