SIZZLING CHICKEN FAJITAS
680g / 1? Lb. - Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast cut
2 - Bell Peppers (Red, Yellow, Green, or a combination) cut into strips
1 - Red Onion cut into strips
2 Tbsp. - Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 tsp. - Garlic Powder
1 tsp. - Ground Cumin
1 tsp. - Onion Powder
1 tsp. - Chili Powder
1/2 to 1 tsp. - Salt (to taste)
1 – Lime
2 - Oval Cast Iron Steak/Fajita Plates or 1 - Cast Iron Skillet (10” to 14” diameter)
High Temperature Oven Mitts
Metal or Heat-Resistant Tongs
1. Preheat the Pizza Oven Box on High for 15 to 20 minutes.
2. In a small bowl, mix the Garlic Powder, Ground Cumin, Onion Powder, Chili Powder, and Salt
3. In a large bowl, add the Chicken Breast, Peppers and Onions. Add the Olive Oil and Spice mixture from the small bowl and mix to evenly coat the Fajitas.
4. Place the Fajitas onto the Cast Iron Plates or Skillet and evenly distribute the mixture to ensure even cooking.
5. Using the High Temperature Oven Mitts, carefully place the Cast Iron Plates or Skillet into the Pizza Oven Box and roast for 4 to 5 minutes.
6. Using the High Temperature Oven Mitts and Tongs, thoroughly mix the Fajitas and continue roasting another 3 to 4 minutes, or until the Meat Thermometer reads 165 degrees when inserted into the middle/center of the thickest section of the largest Chicken strip.
7. Using the High Temperature Oven Mitts, carefully remove the Cast Iron Plates or Skillet from the Pizza Oven Box and place upon a heat-resistant surface.
8. Squeeze the Lime over the top of the Fajitas and serve with your favorite rice, beans salsa, tortillas, and toppings, or over a salad and enjoy!